Plastic can be defined as non-metallic material that can be molded to the desired shape. They may be natural or synthetic resin in nature.
8) Cellulose form
9) Cotton and wood
Classification of plastic:
The plastic which softens on the application of heat or pressure and required cooling to be set to the desired shape. For E.g. plastic bag, Insulating tape, Photographic films.
2) Thermosetting plastic:
The plastic which required heat and pressure to mold into the shape. These are hard, tough, and brittle. Hence, they cannot be softened and remolded. For Eg telephone receiver, electric plugs, etc.
1) It is lighter in weight.
2) It has a wide range of colors.
3) It has the capacity to resist moisture.
4) Plastics are generally transported.
5) They have good tensile strength.
6) Plastics are a bad conductor of heat.
7) They can easily be fixed in position.
8) They are quite durable.
9) Easy maintenance of plastic surfaces. It does not require any protective coat of paint.
10) They have properties of sound-absorbing.
1) It is used in electrical conduits.
2) It is used for floor and wall tiles.
3) It is used in an electrical insulator.
4) It is used in jointless flooring.
5) It is used for bath and sink.
6) It is used for OHT (Overhead tank).
7) It is used as roof light.
8) It is used for decoration, lamination, and molding.
9) It is used in corrugated and plain.
10) It is used for lighting fixtures.
11) It is used for water-resistant adhesive.