Modular buildings construction is a process in which a building is constructed at a site, under managed plant conditions, using the similar type of materials and designing to the similar codes and standards as ordinary built facilities. Buildings are constructed in modules that when put in conjunction on site, reflect the same design objective and specifications of the most sophisticated site-built facility without compromise.
Modular buildings can be cheaper. A standard constructed medical clinic may price around $100 to $130 per square foot. A modular office building’s cost may be from $55 to $60 per square foot, containing installation. The cost of the project can vary from these estimates.
TRACTION OF MODULAR BUILDINGS CONSTRUCTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
The technological revolution:
At first, the arising use of digital modeling paired with new manufacturing techniques such as 3D printing has broadened the eyesight of people, we are utilizing more and more robots and CNN-controlled technologies in constructing everything from cars to furniture. This shift is making its way into construction and the most effective application for these technologies is naturally modular construction.
The decrease in a skilled workforce
Secondly, modular construction relieves the issue of labor. During and after the recession, the construction capacity was pretty much destroyed – thousands of construction workers were suddenly out of work. Many of the former skilled craftsmen, site superintendents, and construction workers found new professions or retired altogether. When the construction market started rising again there was an immediate shortage of skilled workforce because the new generations opt for other professions, which means there are not many pairs of hands to built buildings on site.
The perfect combination of growth
The combination of new technological possibilities, shifts in the economy, loss of skilled workforce in the industry and the increased cost of skilled trades have made the rapid growth of modular construction all but inevitable. When we add the increased quality standards, the demands of the clients and the desire for quicker ROI, then we find out, that modular construction ticks all the boxes.
ADVANTAGES OF MODULAR CONSTRUCTION:
The advantages of modular construction are as follows:
- Cost-saving: Modular construction is efficient. There are no wasted materials because of weather damage. The costs on labor are lower because less workforce is needed and the overall completion time is shorter which means quicker ROI.
- Time savings – There are no delays caused by the weather or unskilled workforce. The site preparation and construction of modules take place at the same time which adds up to 30-50% faster completion of your project.
- Labour – The workforce in the house factory is highly specialized in a certain process which means they work quickly and provide high quality. On the other hand, the installation crew members do not have to be highly paid skilled craftsmen.
- Quality control – Prefabricated modules are constructed in a controlled factory environment. They are designed and built to the same standards as buildings constructed on-site and regular tests in the factory ensure the high quality of the modules leaving the factory.
- Site impact – Modular constructions leave a minimal impact on the construction site which means fewer works (and costs) on restoration after the construction is completed Modular construction requires minimal movement to deliver materials to the site. This is perfect when transportation vehicles need to navigate and makeover on busy streets.
- Sustainability and Eco-friendliness: Minimum material waste and the utilized of wood as the main construction material, which is a renewable resource, makes modular construction friendly towards the environment.
- Material use and logistics: We have consistent orders and certain suppliers for the raw materials which means we can negotiate better pricing. We can be fairly certain, that there are no delays or problems in the logistics. This translates directly into the reduced costs for our clients.