There are many ways to determine the approximate age of the building. They are:
- By checking the meter reader. In many meters there the date stamped on it, the meter reader consists of a date stamp.
- By checking the inside of the toilet pit. Toilet manufacturers mostly stamp the inside of tanks or lids with the year in which the toilet pit was manufactured or fitted. Toilets are generally equipped right after construction, so we can generally determine the approximate age of the building by looking at a toilet.
- In wooden buildings, it may be possible to say the building’s age by inspecting the tree rings in a piece of timber detached from the building. The science on which this dependence is, dendrochronology, does not arrive at an age depend on the number of tree rings, but rather focuses on patterns of tree rings and evaluate these with known pattern ages for a specific region. This method is destructive and it requires an experienced person.
- The local town, country, or state tax records generally provide the date or year with a building was built.
- Historical real estate listings may contain indications of building age.
- Census records can help to find out that a house was present at the time the census was taken or not.
- Papers found inside the building mostly contain when the building was built. A building will most likely be at least as old as, for instance, newspapers from the 1920s found in a crawlspace.
- Take the help of the architectural investigator to know the date of the building by studying its wood, plaster, mortar, and paint.
- The aluminum spacers within thermal-paned windows often bear the year of production, which can at least provide an approximate date of installation.
- Sewer grates are sometimes stamped with the year they were manufactured, which may provide an age for the neighborhood.
There are many more ways to find out the approximate of a building which are:
With the help of the nail, we can determine the age of the building. During 2527 BS man-made nickel was in the practice. The nail was made by wrought iron and was squared.
Aluminum wiring was utilized extensively from 2027-2059 BS, a period during which copper was suppressive expensive. Aluminum utilize was usually discontinued when its potential as a fire hazard becomes viral.
The system is assumed obsolete and can be a fire hazard, although much of the fear associated with it is overstressed.
Carpet or clothes used in the floor can help to investigate the date or year in which the building was constructed.
The structural panels used in the building help to check the approximate age of building .when the modern technology was changed during which various panel was produced in time gap which will help us to investigate the age of the building.